DKC / Laboratory of Functional Materials for Electronics and Medicine
Organic and hybrid semiconductors, molecular electronics, semiconductors, solar cells, field-effect transistors, sensors, fullerene chemistry, electrochemical energy storage, conversion of atmospheric CO2 to artificial fuel using solar light energy (“solar fuel”).
2016 – Chair of the Research Center of Nanostructured Materials for Energy Conversion and Storage co-founded by Skoltech and IPCP RAS (until now)
2015 – Associate Professor at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology (Skoltech, until now)
2015 - Head of the Laboratory for Organic and Hybrid Materials for Medicine and Electronics (until now)
2013 – Leading researcher at the Institute for Problems of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences
2011 – Head of the Group for Multifunctional Materials and Organic Electronics at the Institute for Problems of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences.
2008 – Senior researcher at the Institute for Problems of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences
2007 – Researcher at the Institute for Problems of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences
2006 - PhD degree in physical chemistry from the Institute for Problems of Chemical Physics of Russian Academy of Sciences (IPCP RAS)
2003 – Diploma thesis in organic chemistry, Higher Chemical College of Russian Academy of Sciences at D. I. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology
Supervised 17 PhD students (five of them presented their thesis in 2011-2016), 5 affiliated PhD students, 19 graduate students (15 of them have already finished and presented their diploma projects with «excellent» marks) and 4 young researchers from secondary school (three of them won all-Russia competition INTEL «Junior»). Developed university courses “Fullerene Chemistry”, “Organic Electronics”, “Organic Materials for Electronics, Energy Generation and Storage”. Was giving invited lectures at Ivanovo State University, teaching 3 courses at Skolkovo Institute of Science and Technology and D. I. Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology
2014 - Gold medal and diploma of the 17th Moscow International Exhibition of Inventions and Innovative Technologies "Archimed-2014" for the work «Novel organic semiconductor materials for photovoltaic devices: solar cells and photodetectors». (Presented from the group of authors: P. A. Troshin, D. K. Susarova, A. V. Akkuratov, A. V. Mumyatov, O. A. Mukhacheva, I. E. Kuznetsov, I. V. Klimovich, V. F. Razumov )
2008 – Zvorykin award from the Russian Innovation Convention and Russian Ministry for Science and Education in nomination “Internationally recognized young scientist”,
2008 – the most cited Russian young scientist according to Scopus, Russian Innovation Convention.
2005 – award from Frontier Carbon Corporation for the best presented research work;
During the last 10 years was a coordinator (project leader) of more than 20 different research projects such as:
- Grants of Russian Science Foundation (2 projects)
- Grants of Russian Foundation for basic research (8 projects);
- Grants of Russian President for young scientists (4 projects);
- State contracts with Russian Ministry for Science and Education (3 project);
- Grants within the research programs of the Presidium and Divisions of RAS (7 projects);
- INTAS grants for young scientists (1 project);
- contracts with Russian and foreign companies (3 projects, total funding >3M Euro)
- contracts with Russian research centers (5 projects).
Served as a project manager (performing duties of Principal Investigator) in 18 projects of different level between 2007 and 2015.
Major collaborations with universities.
Linz Institute for Organic Solar Cells (Austria);
Ben Gurion University of the Negev (Israel);
Technological University of Ilmenau, (Germany);
Cyprus University of Technology (Cyprus);
i-MEET: Materials for electronics and energy technology, Erlangen Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen-Nürnberg, (Germany);
Rega Institute for Medical Research, Laboratory of Virology and Chemotherapy (Belgium).
Institute of Polymer Science and Engineering (Taiwan)
Published more than 190 papers in high-level international and Russian scientific journals. Made > 150 conference contributions.
Ten selected publications:
1. P. A. Troshin, R. N. Lyubovskaya, I. N. Ioffe, N. B. Shustova, E. Kemnitz, S. I. Troyanov, “Synthesis and structure of the highly chlorinated fullerene C60Cl30 with a drum-shaped carbon cage”, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. Engl. 2005, 44, 235-237;
2. P. A. Troshin, A. G. Avent, A. D. Darwish, N. Martsinovich, A. K. Abdul-Sada, J. M. Street, R.Taylor “Isolation of Two Seven-Membered Ring C58 Fullerene Derivatives: C58F17CF3 and C58F18”, Science 2005, 309, 278;
3. P. A. Troshin, R. Koeppe, A. S. Peregudov, S. M. Peregudova, M. Egginger, R. N. Lyubovskaya, N. S. Sariciftci, Supramolecular association of pyrrolidinofullerenes bearing chelating pyridyl groups and zinc phthalocyanine for organic solar cells. Chem. Mater. 2007, 19, 5363-5372;
4. P. A. Troshin, H. Hoppe, J. Renz, M. Egginger, J. Yu. Mayorova, A. E. Goryachev, A. S. Peregudov, R.N. Lyubovskaya, G. Gobsch, N. S. Sariciftci, V. F. Razumov. Material solubility-photovoltaic performance relationship in design of novel fullerene derivatives for bulk heterojunction solar cells. Adv. Funct. Mater. 2009, 19, 779–788;
5. A. V. Akkuratov, D. K. Susarova, O. Kozlov, A. V. Chernyak, Y. L. Moskvin, L. A. Frolova, M. S. Pshenichnikov, P. A. Troshin, Design of (X-DADAD)n type copolymers with improved optoelectronic properties for bulk heterojunction organic solar cells. Macromolecules 2015, 48, 2013–2021
6. D. K. Susarova, N. P. Piven, A. V. Akkuratov, L. F. Frolova, M. S. Polinskaya, S. A. Ponomarenko, S. D. Babenko, P. A. Troshin, ESR spectroscopy as a powerful technique for probing the quality of conjugated polymers designed for photovoltaic applications. Chem. Comm., 2015, 51, 2239-2241
7. L.A. Frolova, N. N. Dremova, P. A. Troshin. Chemical origin of the p-type and n-type doping effects in the hybrid methylammonium - lead iodide (MAPbI3) perovskite solar cells. Chem. Comm. 2015, 51, 14917
8. A. F. Akbulatov, S. Luchkin, L. A. Frolova, N. N. Dremova, K. J. Stevenson, P. A. Troshin. Probing the intrinsic thermal and photochemical stability of the hybrid and inorganic lead halide based perovskites. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2017
9. L. A. Frolova, D. V. Anokhin, A. A. Piryazev, S. Yu. Luchkin, N. N. Dremova, K. J. Stevenson, P. A. Troshin. Highly efficient fully inorganic planar heterojunction perovskite solar cells produced by thermal co-evaporation of CsI and PbI2. J. Phys. Chem. Lett. 2017, 8, 67-72
10. S. A. Adonin, L.A. Frolova, M. N. Sokolov, G. V. Shilov,. D. V. Korchagin, V. P. Fedin, S. M. Aldoshin, K. J. Stevenson, P. A. Troshin, Antimony (V) complex halides: lead-free perovskite-like materials for hybrid solar cells. Adv. Energy Mater. 2018, 8, 1701140
Selected invited talks at conferences
Books and monographs
Prepared and filed 18 patent applications (11 of them are for international patents) and obtained 12 granted patents (Russian Federation and PCT).